Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I apply to take part in Classical:NEXT as an artist/speaker
2. How do I register for Classical:NEXT?
3. I'm a journalist – what are the requirements for press accreditation?
4. Can I buy a one-day entrance ticket?
5. I'm coming with a spouse/partner – do you have 'partner rates' for the event?
6. Can I bring my children to Classical:NEXT?
7. Do the venues have disabled access?
8. I'm arriving too late on Wednesday to register, but wish to go straight to the Opening Concert. How may I get in without my badge?
9. What happens on Saturday at Classical:NEXT?
10. How do I know who is coming to Classical:NEXT, and how can I arrange, ahead of time, to meet them?
11. How can I use C:N NET?
12. How may I arrange delivery of goods and packages for my stand?
13. Can I share a stand at Classical:NEXT?
14. May I sell merchandise or other items from my stand at Classical:NEXT?
15. It's my first time at Classical:NEXT – any advice?
16. May I buy extra copies of the Classical:NEXT Guide?
1. HOW CAN I APPLY TO TAKE PART IN Classical:NEXT AS AN ARTIST/SPEAKER?
Every Summer, Classical:NEXT launches an annual Call for Proposals for the showcase amd conference programmes, inviting artists, presenters and speakers to apply to take part. Each year, our international, independent jury, review each proposal and from them select the official Classical:NEXT programme. Be the first to know when we make the Call for Proposals for Classical:NEXT 2018 by signing up for our newsletter.
2. HOW DO I REGISTER FOR CLASSICAL:NEXT?
You can register online for Classical:NEXT in the months leading up to the event. It is best to register as soon as possible in order to get the best price. The next edition will take place in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 16 – 19 May 2018. See our registration page for information pertaining to Classical:NEXT 2017, including prices, deadlines and how to register. Online registration for Classical:NEXT 2018 will open later this year.
3. I'M A JOURNALIST – WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR PRESS ACCREDITATION?
Journalists play a vital role in the dissemination of music and in keeping the important discourse on this art form alive. Classical:NEXT acknowledges this by offering a reduced rate to media professionals, subject to approval.
If you are a delegate who will attend Classical:NEXT first and foremost in your role as a journalist or as a professional involved in the editorial work of a music media company, you are invited to register for our special Media Rate. Simply complete the delegate registration as normal, and check the "media registration" box when you are entering your personal delegate data – about half way through the registration process – and send a copy of your press credentials to email@example.com. After confirmation from our communications department, you will be granted the discounted media rate registration price.
Press accrediation (including free delegate-level access) to Classical:NEXT 16 is reserved for a limited number of journalists who report on Classical:NEXT or our showcase artists, subject to approval. Note that accredited journalists are not listed as delegates in the printed guide nor at the online database C:N NET. One accreditation per reporting media only. To apply for a free press accreditation please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. CAN I BUY A ONE-DAY ENTRANCE TICKET?
Entrance to the Classical:NEXT Expo, Conference, Opening and Award ceremony is reserved for Classical:NEXT delegates who have registered for the full four-day event. Tickets for each showcase night (or both) will be available to purchase – details will be released shortly before Classical:NEXT.
5. I'M COMING WITH A SPOUSE/PARTNER – DO YOU HAVE 'PARTNER RATES' FOR THE EVENT?
If spouses/partners do not wish to register for the full Classical:NEXT event, they can purchase tickets for the Showcases Festival only (please see question 4).
6. CAN I BRING MY CHILDREN TO CLASSICAL:NEXT?
Classical:NEXT is a professional event. If you do need to bring your children into the expo halls, please contact us before the event at email@example.com.
7. DO THE VENUES HAVE DISABLED ACCESS?
Please contact us before the event at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any special access needs, to make your time at Classical:NEXT as easy as possible. Fully-registered disabled delegates may be accompanied by their Personal Assistant (carer) free of charge.
8. I'M ARRIVING TOO LATE ON WEDNESDAY TO REGISTER, BUT WISH TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE OPENING CONCERT. HOW MAY I GET IN WITHOUT MY BADGE?
9. WHAT HAPPENS ON SATURDAY AT CLASSICAL:NEXT?
Saturday marks the end of four days full of music, business and friendly networking at Classical:NEXT. In the morning, the Expo is open as normal and there is one last conference session. In the afternoon, we invite you to join us for our Closing celebration, including the presentation of the Classical:NEXT Innovation Award and networking farewell. Please note that these events are strictly Classical:NEXT delegates-only.
10. HOW DO I KNOW WHO IS COMING TO CLASSICAL:NEXT, AND HOW CAN I ARRANGE, AHEAD OF TIME, TO MEET THEM?
Before the event, Classical:NEXT publishes the Who is Coming list online – you can read the 2017 list of who attended, including all individuals, companies and exhibitors, now. You can use C:N NET to search for companies or individual delegates and to set up meetings with other delegates ahead of Classical:NEXT (please see question 11).
11. HOW CAN I USE C:N NET?
All registered delegates of Classical:NEXT receive a free one-year C:N NET account. C:N NET is your online platform for classical and art music: you can present your company and artists, connect with other delegates, and much more.
C:N NET is also open to those not registered for Classical:NEXT – there is a fee for C:N NET-only participation (48€ if you register as the first person of your company, only 24€ for any subsequent registrations from the same company.).
12. HOW MAY I ARRANGE DELIVERY OF GOODS AND PACKAGES FOR MY STAND?
Full information on how to arrange delivery of goods and packages for your Classical:NEXT stand is available on the Exhibitor Information page. Should you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
13. CAN I SHARE A STAND AT Classical:NEXT?
It is possible to share a stand or become part of an umbrella stand at Classical:NEXT. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. MAY I SELL MERCHANDISE OR OTHER ITEMS FROM MY STAND AT Classical:NEXT?
15. IT'S MY FIRST TIME AT Classical:NEXT – ANY ADVICE?
16. MAY I BUY EXTRA COPIES OF THE Classical:NEXT GUIDE?
Every delegate will receive one copy of the Classical:NEXT Guide in their delegate bag, distributed on arrival. Additional copies of the Classical:NEXT Guide may be purchased at the Registration Counter for a fee of 25€, subject to availability.
If you wish to purchase copies of the Classical:NEXT Guide from previous editions, please contact email@example.com.