- 1. Alan Doherty (Flutes, Whistles, Vocals)
- 2. Gerry Paul (Guitars, Vocals)
- 3. Christof van der Ven (Guitar, Vocals & Banjo)
- 4. Sjoerd van der Sanden (Electronics & Percussion)
- 5. Julian Maier-Hauff (Trumpet, Keyboards )
- 6. Tobias Schmitt (Bass)
- 7. Kristoffer Rylander (Drums)
- label:not signed
- artist submitted by:
Ex-Gráda frontmen Alan Doherty (flutes & low whistles) and Gerry Paul (guitars) are blazing a new trail for Irish music with this international line-up from Ireland, New Zealand, Holland, Denmark and Germany.
With Doherty’s freewheeling flute and chant-like vocals, backed by jazz-tinged arrangements, heavy grooves, spooky brass solos, tremolo-affected electric guitars, lonely banjo lines and dramatic breakdowns, ALDOC can only be described as a revolution in Irish music.
Driving a new adventurous sound, ALDOC are firing up loyal Trad followers and gaining new world and jazz music audiences for their unique improvisational approach.
Their debut album From Tallaght to Halle was released in 2014 and featured many guest artists including Riki Gooch (Crowded House/Fat Freddie’s Drop) and Ravi Kulur (Ravi Shankar Band).
“Audiences were left hypnotised dazzled and dazed as Doherty raps sings jousts and boogies” Christy Moore