- function: artistic leader ardalus
- phone: Please log in to see the phone number.
- eMail: Please log in to see the email address.
You must be logged in to see the instant messenger.
- Classical:NEXT 2013
- Classical:NEXT 2012
* Karen Ketels started to play the recorder at the age of 7, with Astrid Casteels and Jan Devlieger. Afterwards, she studied the recorder with Bart Coen at the Royal Conservatory of Brussels (BE), where she graduated in 2005. Then Karen went to the University of Leuven, where she took lessons in musicology with Ignace Bossuyt.
In between she participated in several masterclasses for the recorder and singing, with renowned musicians.
* In 1999, Karen Ketels achieved the highest destinction in the Dexia 'Pro Civitatae; Classics Contest'. Being a laureate, she played with Prima La Musica in La Monnaie in Brussels. As soprano, Karen sang with many different choirs as Polyfoon, El Grillo, Vivente Voce and the Antwerp Collegium Musicum.
* Karen Ketels started her own early-music-ensemble in 2007, called ARDALUS. The repertoire of Ardalus is renaissance- and baroque musique, and focuses especially on music from the Low Countries. Emphasis is on the historical and inspired interpretation. (www.ardalus.be) Meanwhile, Ardalus recorded 2 CD's and played several concerts, including a live concert on Belgian Radio (Klara). Karen Ketels is currently doing musiclogical research for a new recording in near future.
* In addition, Karen founded KunstBeleven, and gives lectures and courses about art and music. That way she wants to make art understandable for the general public. With this project, Karen goes tot schools, cultural centres and numerous associations. (www.kunstbeleven.be) Karen is also freelance lecturer for Vorming Plus.
* Karen was a teacher for several years in secudary schools and in musicschools, and founded her own musicschool CreaMuse, in Zwalm (BE) in 2009. (www.creamuse.be) CreaMuse is known for its creative, not scholastic approach to music perception, and is accessible form the first nursery class.
* In future, Karen Ketels wants to continue to delve into the historical performance practice and to keep working to perform early music to the general public.
Meanwhile, Karen is taking a course in Photography (www.fotografiekarenketels.be), and studing the baroque violin with Stefaan Smagghe (Ardalus violinist).
Karen is also working on some texts, which are to be published in near future.
* all info on www.karenketels.be