- Juan Antonio Torres (Voice, guitar, rebeq, percussion)
- Luis García Valera (Voice, guitar, lute, percussion)
- Mari Nieto (Voice, percussion)
- Menchu Torres (Voice, percussion)
- label:ARC Music International
- type:Quartet, Quintet
- gender:male, female
- instrumentation:vocal, percussion, string, dance orchestra, unplugged, guitar
- artist submitted by:
"The excitement in the crowds was infectious as everyone clapped along to the rhythms with shouts of “Olé!” [...] Vigüela is triumphant assertion of life itself." Evangeline Kim, WorldMusicCentral, about Vigüela's concert at Womad UK.
"Wonderful proposal. I found it filled with creativity, optimism, and joy." Daniel Sheehy, curator and director at Smithsonian Folkways, USA
" Strong voices from depth inside them bypasses my brain and hits directly the center of my heart. Something essential is happening - musical message from the center of Spain, both unique and universal.” Janusz Prusinowski, artist and director of Mazurkas of the World Festival, Poland
Vigüela take their tradition with accuracy and show it is a living music, full of joy, and showing it doesn´t need to be denatured to divulge it. They have been working for 30 years to keep alive this style from their land, Castilla-La Mancha, the South part of the Iberian plateau, at the heart of Spain, main landscape for the iconic Don Quixote de La Mancha, the novel by Miguel de Cervantes.