The Bridge is a 2-year project, supported by Creative Europe, where four professional classical music organisations from across Europe will explore, share and develop ideas around artistic innovation and audience diversity in the classical music sector, as well as initiate a European String Ensembles Network.
The Bridge will explore, celebrate and showcase how string repertoire and performance can be used to appeal to and engage more diverse audiences, culminating in a 3-day multi-event festival in Glasgow during May 2020.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join four highly renowned international music organisations and gain experience working in a European context, while supporting the organisations to refine their approach and knowledge of best practice in audience development and audience diversity in the classical music sector.
• Collect baseline audience data for all partners, and map each groups’ strengths, needs and priorities
• With guidance from partners, devise a project plan to engage target groups
• Engage with local communities and community providers to widen the reach of the project
• Liaise with workshop leaders (local to each organisation) to guide delivery of activity
• With The Bridge Project Manager, coordinating logistics elements of projects
• Oversee communication with participants
• Devising a live event for inclusion in the Festival which shares outcomes of the participative activities with a public audience
• Establish a monitoring and evaluation framework through which to track success and learning
• Work with The Bridge team on final reports and sharing of project outcomes
Application deadline: Tuesday 19th February 2019
Interviews: Friday 1st March 2019
Period of Employment: between March/April 2019 to Sept 2020
Fee £3,750 (all in fee; we expect this role will require 25 days’ work across the period)
Position type: Freelance contract
Hours/Days: Approximately 25 days between March/April 2019 and September 2020
Location: This role can be delivered by someone working from home in any location in Europe. The successful candidate will be expected to spend an extended period in Glasgow in May 2020.
To receive a detailed job description/person specification, please email Jana Robert, Project Manager The Bridge, firstname.lastname@example.org or find it in the link below.
article submitted by:Jenny Jamison, Scottish Ensemble