- Amélia Muge (Voice & Guitar)
- António Quintino (Double Bass)
- Filipe Raposo (Piano)
- Harris Lambrakis (Ney)
- José Martins (Percussions, Synthesizer)
- Kyriakos Gouventas (Violin, Mandolin)
- Manos Achalinotopoulos (Clarinet)
- Michales Loukovikas (Voice, Percussion, Accordeon)
- Ricardo Parreira (Portuguese Guitar)
- type:Small Ensemble
- instrumentation:instrumental, woodwind, singer songwriter, guitar
- artist submitted by:
A reference composer, Amelia Muge does the sort of music other Musicians listen to, whenever they look for inspiration. Her most recent project is named “Periplus”, the record and the concert, collaboration with Greek artist Michales Loukovikas, a dialogue and sharing based on the idea of a cultural journey.
Michales is an outstanding musician and composer from Thessaloniki also a journalist and a translator.
The journey starts in Portugal supported by the traditional and rural roots, on that urban invention now world heritage –The FADO. Supported by the modern declinations on the Portuguese words and even by the warmth from the Cape Vert sounds, all part of a singular experience that helps to define our identity.
This project has been presented as a rigorous concert where Amelia and Michales are joined by both Portuguese and Greek musicians, granting applauses and praise from audiences eager for novelty and wonder. Into the stage Amelia brings with her a unique career that intersects with some of the most representative musicians from the Portuguese music scene such as Julio Pereira, Ana Moura or Gaiteiros de Lisboa and international ones like Ricardo Tesi, Pirin Folk Ensemble, Amancio Prada or Elena Leda.