IMZ Video Library
the IMZ - International Music + Media Centre, Austria
For the first time the IMZ International Music + Media Centre will enrich the widespread programme of Classical:NEXT with an IMZ Video Library featuring the best in performing arts films.
- List of the films on display with links to descriptions and dates
- What is the IMZ Video Library?
- Where can I watch or learn more about these films?
List of the FIlms on display
30 full-length audiovisual productions (12 performance recordings, 18 documentaries, see the list below) as well as numerous film trailers will be available to watch at the IMZ booth (stands 22 + 23) at the expo.
- 66 Women
- A Season At The Juilliard School / PENDING
- Karajan - The Second Life
- Benjamin Britten On Camera
- Bloody Daughter
- Cameron Carpenter - Rebirth Of Majesty
- Dance On Screen
- Journey Of A Lifetime: Sir Georg Solti
- Mozart's Lost Clarinet
- Music In The Air
- The Colón Ring - Wagner In Buenos Aires – no picture
- The Highest Level
- The Making Of A TV Opera – The Abduction From The Seraglio
- The Other Tchaikovsky
- Touching The Sound / no picture
- Unveiling Salome
- Vilde Frang
- Wagner Madness
B. OPERA / Concerts/ BALLET
- Brahms Cycle – Piano Concerto No. 2 & Symphony No. 2
- Cosi Fan Tutte
- Daniil Trifonov In Castelfranco Veneto
- Die Meistersinger Von Nürnberg
- Don Carlo
- Giuseppe Verdi – Requiem / no picture
- Juliet & Romeo
- La Bayadère
- Orfeo And Euridice
- Rite Of Spring
- Vivaldi: The Four Seasons Recomposed By Max Richter - The Berlin Concert
(information on site at the IMZ stands 22 + 23)
What is the IMZ Video Library?
Watch films, explore what is next in performing arts film and network with the film makers at the IMZ stand during the Classical:NEXT expo. The IMZ Video Library will be open to all participants of Classical:NEXT and offer a pic of audio-visual jewels to festival directors, curators and film aficionados alike.
- Comprising highest-quality examples of the manifold and various genres of classical music in the audio-visual media on the one hand and
- Giving an overview of the productions/-programmes of the extensive IMZ membership and –network on the other hand.
The selected films range from normal to feature documentaries to concert-, opera- and ballet-recordings staged at renowned European venues featuring international stars from composers, to singers as well as orchestras, conductors and soloists such as Benjamin Britten, Evgeny Nikitin, Bejun Mehta, Alex Penda, Modestas Pitrenas, Sir George Solti, Herbert von Karajan, Lang Lang, Marta Argerich and many more.
A variety of show-reels of renowned IMZ members, including trailers of their latest productions from 2013 will give you an idea of what is currently going on in the audio-visual sector, covering European public as well as private broadcasting companies and production companies from as far as USA and Canada.
Visit us at the IMZ video-library at stand no 22 and 23, browse the catalogue, pick a film and enjoy the best that music in the audio-visual media has to offer on one of our IMZ video-library stations!
The IMZ International Music + Media Centre is a global networking platform of leading international production companies, public TV stations, broadcasting and distribution institutions, opera houses, cultural and educational institutions, festivals and music labels. It is dedicated to the promotion and dissemination of classical and contemporary music, Jazz and World Music, as well as classical and contemporary dance in the audiovisual media.
Also take a look at the film screenings in cooperation with the IMZ as well as at the conference session on how to succeed in financing an audio-visual music production.
Where can I watch or learn more about these films?
the IMZ video library will be available throughout the whole Classical:NEXT expo opnening hours at stands no 22+23.
IMZ board members as well as a few broadcasters and producers will be present at Classical:NEXT.
To find out more about the individual films you can go to our C:N NET Free Ads section, or click on the titles in the list above.