MADE IN BCN is the result of several years of work with different composers who have or have had any kind of connection with Barcelona, a city that has often been the meeting point between creator and performer.
The singularities of Barcelona have made it one of those few cities in the world that go beyond borders and make itself known and recognized abroad.
The recorded works come from a very careful selection of original pieces for baritone saxophone, solo and with different types of electronics, written in the last 20 years. Each of them will pose a very personal approach to the instrument and extracts an extraordinarily rich timbre result.
I hope you appreciate this sound universe and that this disc does not leave you indifferent: each work is capable of creating different moods if you listen to them with your ears and mind open.
Barcelona, April 2018
· A CHILLIDA, for Baritone Saxophone live modulated and Fixed Electronics (1997) by Mercè Capdevila
· TIME FIELDS I, for Baritone Saxophone solo (2002) by Hèctor Parra
· SOUND PORTRAITS IV & IVb, for Baritone Saxophone solo (2014) and Live Improvised Electronics (2016) by Enric Riu
· VIA, for Baritone Saxophone solo (2013) by Joan Magrané
· HOLOFONIA v1.1, for Baritone Saxophone and Live Electronics (2015) by Joan Bagés i Rubí
· 18, for Baritone Saxophone and Tape (2009) by Joan Arnau Pàmies
· INTERLUDES and POSTLUDE by Joan Martí-Frasquier