The Nominating Committee has voted! 26 music journalists from 25 countries put forward their nominations for the most groundbreaking projects in art music, and have now case their votes for the Shortlist. Out of the 31 amazing projects to choose from ten now remain in hopes for receiving the Classical:NEXT2020 Innovation Award. The following projects and artists have been selected for the Shortlist.
- Against the Grain Theatre, La Bohème (Canada)
- Flavia Furtado (Brazil)
- kultursegel (Germany)
- Liza Lim and the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, Composing Women (Australia)
- Matt Peacock, With One Voice (UK)
- Nevis Ensemble (UK)
- Partones - Sustainable sound, Alternative materials for instrument building (Finland)
- Récupscène (France)
- Splendor Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
- The Symphony Orchestra Simulator for Concert Hall Acoustics Research (Finland).
Now it’s the turn of the Classical:NEXT community to vote their favourites. The three recipients will be given the Classical:NEXT 2020 Innovation Award at the Award Ceremony on Wednesday, 20 May 2020.The public vote will soon begin and be open to all with access to C:N NET.
article posted by:Communications Assistant, Piranha Arts