We are thrilled to share with you the the official Jury, also known as the 7 Samurai. From all the proposals received from around the globe, this year's selected Jury will curate the official Showcase and Conference Programme for WOMEX 22 taking place in Lisbon, Portugal, from 19 – 23 October 2022.
The official WOMEX jury system was established in 1999, and this year's Jury members - like the participants of the WOMEX programme itself - come from all over the world. Three women and four men, representing nine countries, bring diverse expertise, skills, experiences, professional backgrounds, forward-thinking ideas, and a rich collective musical knowledge across a great range of styles, sectors and genres. They are involved as artist managers, record label owners, music producers, cultural activists, live venues and festival directors, DJs, radio broadcasters, booking agents, and much more.
The Showcase Samurai
The Conference Samurai
- António Miguel Guimarães (Portugal), owner, general manager, AMG music
- Agustín López Costa Paz (Spain), director, Industria Works/Nacional Records Spain office
- Hadas Vanunu (Israel), artistic director, The Yellow Submarine; co-founder, Israel International Music Showcase Festival; chief producer, Jerusalem International Jazz festival
- Joanna Wiedro-Żak (Poland), artist manager; owner, Wodzirej music agency
- Marcus Gora (Zimbabwe), band manager; festival manager, Jacaranda Music festival; deputy chairperson, National Arts Council of Zimbabwe.
Club Summit Curator
- Boima Tucker (Sierra Leone/USA), musician; managing editor, Africa is a Country; founder, INTL BLK record label.
- Marie Fol (France/The Netherlands), independent advisor, cultural manager, and researcher; president, On the Move; contributor, Keychange
Juan Ortiz de Zaldumbide (Colombia/Sweden), co-founder, partner, M3 Music; business development manager, WARM Music
As the global music industry's leading expo and networking event, WOMEX aims to connect, enable, and empower music professionals, celebrate diversity and forge new creative partnerships.
article posted by:Gideon Elfgen, Piranha Arts