Founded in 1986 by the late Serafino Rossi, Tactus specializes in Italian Classical music.
Tactus was founded in 1986 in Bologna - Italy by Serafino Rossi (1927-2009) to accomplish his dream to take the great Italian Classical Music heritage back to life and to the level it deserved.
Tactus always remained proudly loyal to this principle exclusively dedicating all its 630+ titles to Italian Classical Music and authors, from the Gregorian Chants to the contemporary: discovering music to be performed on original period instruments, played in the correct style, and recorded capturing the purest and most natural sound!!
Not only great Italian classical music was brought to light, but Tactus also played a major role in discovering many talented and, in those days, practically unknown musicians that started their recording carreer with the label: Rinaldo Alessandrini, Enrico Gatti, Sergio Vartolo, Federico Maria Sardelli and Modo Antiquo, etc....
In year 2010 Tactus published a 12 CD boxset including the world first complete keyboard opera of Girolamo Frescobaldi (TC.580600). A great opera that represents very correctly the label first 25 years of activity: starting in 1986 with the first recordings by Sergio Vartolo, completed in 2009 with Francesco Tasini.
Now handled by Gian Enzo Rossi, son of the founder, the label is continuing its production work and releasing with an even higher attention to quality, uniqueness and originality. Always targeting to publish complete operas.
A few complete opera projects:
• Alessandro Scarlatti (1660-1725), complete keyboard Opera by Francesco Tasini (7 albums)
• Marco Enrico Bossi (1861-1925), complete organ music by Andrea Macinanti (15 albums), and chamber music by Andrea and Roberto Noferini and Giulio
• Claudio Merulo (1533-1604), complete organ Missas and complete Organ music
• Giovanni Sgambati (1841-1914) complete piano works by Francesco Caramiello (7 albums)
• Gaspare Spontini (1774-1851) complete Chamber Vocal music (5 CD box set released in Fall 2013).
• Vincenzo Petrali (1830-1889) complete organ music by Giulio Piovani (6 CD + 1 bonus DVD set released in Fall 2013)
• Giuseppe Sarti (1729-1802) complete chamber and keyboard works by Chiara Cattani and Roberto Noferini (6 CD box set released in Fall 2013)
Worthmentioning are also two Grammy Awards nominations that the label obtained in 1997 and 2000 with Modo Antiquo (Federico Maria Sardelli): TC.672206 Vivaldi – Concerti per molti istromenti and TC.650308 Corelli - Concerti grossi op. 6 (7-12).