- Fátima Miranda (composition, vocals, performance, videos and stage)
- José Manuel Guerra (lighting design)
- Milagros González Angulo (costume design)
- label:not signed
- type:Solo, Composer/Songwriter
- instrumentation:vocal, visual
- artist submitted by:
Fátima Miranda is an award-winning Spanish singer whose style ranges from lyrical beauty one moment to madcap savagery the next. In an age when recording technology can transform the lay voice from amateur to amazing, Fátima Miranda uses no electronic effects. Instead, Miranda’s considerable vocal acrobatics spring from an array of invented techniques, multiphonics and mouth percussion, in addition to the simple strength of her voice. A Miranda performance is a dazzling, pan-linguistic foray, a rich panoply of musical and visual displays. Miranda’s style is informed by Japanese, Mongol, Azerbaijani Mugham, and bel canto singing, as well as her study of contemporary art, architecture, and phonetic poetry. The decorated singer brings her considerable talent to this live Classical:NEXT Showcase.